Filtering by Category: Beauty Tips
Microblading Exactly Is:
Winter is fast approaching and let’s face it – it doesn't agree with our skin. Cold temperatures, dry air and harsh winds sap our skin of its natural oils and leave it dry and stressed.
Though it's not only the weather that can harm our skin, there are various other factors too – changes in the daily routine, eating fat and sugar in large amounts, stress – can cause an occasional breakout, tightness and not to mention, dullness.
But fret not. You can reduce these effects by taking a few precautions in your daily skin care routine.
· CHANGE YOUR ROUTINE. It goes without saying that your routine for the summer days won't work for the winter days as well. In the winter, your skin is going to need more moisture than the usual, so it's better to use cream instead of the lotion that you use in the summers.
· CHOOSING YOUR CLEANSER. Cleansers are known to strip your skin of the natural oils and to dry it out and to lead to more visible lines and wrinkles. So, it's best to choose your cleanser correctly after doing a thorough research.
· EXFOLIATE. It is recommended to exfoliate your skin as exfoliating brings back that youthful glow to your skin that often gets lost during the winter months.
· PROTECTION. Though the winters appear to be less sunny than the summers, keep in mind that the harmful UV rays are still out there. It is recommended to use a sunscreen containing zinc oxide to protect your skin; and of course, not to forget wearing protective hats and clothing.
· SHORTENING THE SHOWERS. Even though hot water feels great in the winters, it saps the skin of its natural oils. It is best to limit your long and hot shower and baths to once or twice a week and to choose lukewarm the other times.
Also, it is advised to apply moisturizer on the skin immediately after patting it dry.
· EATING RIGHT. It is recommended to avoid simple sugars as well as carbohydrates that are known to stimulate reactions in the skin and which in turn can lead to breakouts. Avoid these during in daily routine, and you will see a substantial change in your skin.
· WEARING GLOVES. It is our hands which suffer the most during the winters as we wash them more than usual I order to avoid the germs that can cause infections. It is best to take moisturizer with you daily and apply it regularly along with wearing gloves to protect the skin on your hands so as to protect them from the harsh winter weather.
· USING A HUMIDIFIER. It goes without saying that air dries out as the winter comes. The dryer the air, the more it steals the skin's moisture.
If by any chance you live in a dry climate, then, it's better to use a humidifier, particularly in your bedroom at night.
· REJUVENATION. A superb time to provide your skin with more nutrients is during the winter months so that it can withstand the stress of the winters.
· TRYING A SUGAR SCRUB ON THE LIPS. Chapped lips are the bane of the winters. You want to get rid of dry and flaky skin? Then why not try a homemade sugar scrub?
To make a homemade sugar scrub, you only need to mix in some regular sugar with some jojoba, coconut oil and then rub it gently on the lips once a day. You can also add in honey for healing properties and then follow up with a nourishing lip balm.
1) Glowing Skin: Ingredients- 1-Egg White; 2-teaspoons of lemon juice; ½-tablespoon of honey
Mix the egg white & lemon juice by whisking it with a fork until the liquid becomes foamy. Add the honey and then mix again.
Prep: Wash your face with warm water to allow the pores to open. Place mask on your face and allow it to sit for 10-15 minutes. Then wash off and pat your face dry. Lastly, don't forget to MOISTURIZE!!!
2) Soothing Skin: Ingredients- 1 tablespoon ground oats; 1-teaspoon honey; 1-teaspoon yogurt
Finely grind your oats (powder like texture), grab a mixing bowl to place your oats in and add your honey + yogurt. MIX TOGETHER!
Prep: Start with a clean face and apply your mask. Leave the mask on for 10-15 minutes. Wash off with cool water and BAM!
3) Hydrated Skin: Ingredients- 10-strawberries, ¼-bee pollen, 3-tablespoons of raw honey, 1-tablespoon olive oil mayonnaise, 3-drops of lavender essential oil
Simply mix (whisk) all your ingredients and apply to a fresh face. Leave mask on for 20 minutes then rise off with warm water.
Happy Skin, Happy Life... Right?!
1. Vitamin E Oil: Has an anti-aging effect on the skin, helps prevent dryness by stopping water loss from the skin, can reduce scaring and help stop stretch marks from appearing. I mean the list goes on. This it definitely one of my faves!
2. Coconut Oil: Not only does this oil smell good but it also helps fight cancer. Coconut oil can be used for cooking your favorite foods as well as moisturizing your hair. Is there anything coconut oil can’t do?
3. Argon Oil: Can be used as both a toner and nighttime moisturizer. Acne? Razor bumps? Stretch Marks? No problem, just apply some argon oil to your problem area and let it work its magic.
4. Castor Oil: Fighting hair loss or tired of having thin hair? Castor oil has been proven to help with both. Just apply some oil to where you feel you need the help and massage into your scalp and hair. The antifungal and antibacterial properties help the fight against dandruff, scalp infections, and improves circulation which will allow hair grow.
5. Fish Oil: Eww ! I know it sounds horrible right, but it’s actually very good for you. Fish oil capsules contain omega-3 fatty acids that have been proven to aid the body with weight loss, fertility, healthy pregnancy, healthy skin, bone health, boosted energy, and mood support.
As Makeup Artists, one of our challenges when working with clients through winter months is that most of the time they have chapped or dry lips. This makes applying a straight lip line, or having the lip color look smooth challenging. This is because we don't have a flat sure to work on leaving the lips looking flaky, dry and really not pretty. Below are 10 things you can do daily to prevent this from happening during the winter months.
- Turn on your humidifier at night- Let's face it, the heat and staying in orders more during the winter months take a toll on your skin- extra moisture in the air while you sleep will do good for keeping your lips as well as the rest of the skin on your body plump and hydrated. Think humid like the summer months and how moist your skin looks.
- Drink that water- refer to our last blog post on why and how much, this works just as good for your lips!
- Exfoliate- the easiest is while in the shower take your index finger and rub back and forth on your lips, the rubbing motion will get rid of that dead skin on your lips without adding anything extra except your finger and the water. Daily will keep your lips nice and smooth.
- Place a lip balm in your bag, desk and coat and apply several times a day. Having it withing hands reach will make it easy to make sure you are applying. Something that has a natural oil works best (shea butter, almond oil)
- Before you wash your face, apply a lip balm because your cleanser, if it has any type of salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide may disrupt the PH levels on your lips.
- Don't lick your lips, this tends to dry them out rather than hydrate them. Your saliva has acids that are great to break down your foods but can wreak havoc on the thin skin on your lips.
- If your lips are dry- stay away from the matte lip colors, liquid lipsticks and anything else that is drying. Use products that have lip conditioners are are labeled hydrating for now until your lips are back in shape.
- Don't drink OJ, Grapefruit juices, or anything else that is acidic/citrus until your dryness goes away.
- If you are out in the cold weather, wear a scarf over your mouth the extreme temperatures can dry you out as well.
- VASELINE! Yes it works, you can use this on your lips, feet, elbows and anywhere else you see dry flaky skin.
Wedding Day Planning
To ensure an absolutely gorgeous you, adhere to the following beauty tips:
- Contract a professional makeup artist that is experienced in applying light reflective makeup that enhances your natural beauty. Your photos and video will display a radiant and innate you.
- Request a trial before your main event(s). You deserve the look of your dreams! Your makeup artist’s goal is to serve you to get that accomplished and properly planned out.
- With makeup, more is NOT better…brighter is NOT lighter. A professional will know which of your native features to enhance as well as those that you may want to conceal for a flawless appearance.
- A matte look is always appropriate for events with a lot of photography and ensures a durable cosmetic application.
- The make-up brand chosen must be designed for longevity and performance. You want to remain radiant throughout your affair.
- Ask someone in your wedding party to assist you in carrying a pressed powder and lip color for touch-ups. You will be luminous from beginning to “happily ever after”.
- A balanced diet and plenty of water (8 glasses/day) consumption will aide in maintaining healthy and hydrated skin.
- Daily cleansing, toning and moisturizing routine is a must. Wash your face in the morning and night to eliminate makeup, extra oils, pollution and harsh particles from the environment. The toner gives your skin what it needs to reveal a fresh, matte finish prepping and controlling oil; boosting your skin’s ability to stay perfectly balanced throughout the day. Utilize a moisturizer with at least SPF 15. Remember that oil and moisture and two different things so even if you have oily skin, you still need to moisturize. If you use a product that can moisturize and block sunrays you are succeeding!
- Do not sleep with makeup on! Makeup can clog your pores. Remove your makeup daily thoroughly to prevent breakouts.
- Rest! The average person needs approximately 8 hours of sleep every day. This process’ purpose is to rejuvenate your body and your skin – the largest organ in your body! Your skin can look pale, dull and be prone to more breakouts when you do not sleep sufficiently.